Electric scooter recommendations please

Bart's Handbrake

Now that I'm back to working in the central city (Chrustchurch) 5 days a week I'm rapidly getting sick of paying Wilson's parking over $60 a week. Because of the route I take into the city I can get a free park but it's fairly far away and can't start earlier to get a closer free park due to school drop off. Also due to timing I don't have enough time to walk several blocks. 

I'm thinking of buying an electric scooter and using that to get from the car to the office. I've been looking at the Xiaomi Mi and Segway brands from PB Tech. I'm happy with a more basic model - top speed 20km, range 20km, 8.5 inch wheels. 

Bart (Runamuck) has jumped on board with this because a) it has wheels and b) he thinks he'll borrow it to get home when drinking with oldschool companions, so now he's pushing for more speed and range.

Any thoughts? Recommendations? Please keep in mind I'm not keen on more power as it also means more weight and I'll be the one lifting it in and out of the car each day and carrying it through my office.

• Like 1

I've got one of these. https://electricscootershop.co.nz/collections/scooters/products/kaabo-skywalker-10h.

Epic scooter, can't believe how nice it is to ride, the suspension is great and easy to carry, I've got upto 46kmh, driven it well drunk and its super stable, good range, and in all my research the best intermediate scooter on the market. Would definitely recommend, have ridden a scooter without the suspension and tiny handles and it was bloody awful. Pay for a decent scooter and you'll love it

• Like 1

Just a dot on the end of the link. With the cheaper ones from mi shop, just do some googling as I have seen some examples where bits fell out leading to some injuries. Not to put you off them, they will be a lot cheaper, just worth looking at. Or at least getting salad eater to have a nut and bolt check over it before going for a hoon. Pretty sure a family member rocks one of the Xiaomi models (it's grey, probably no help, but I can ask him what model / his view if you like) and uses it for the exact same thing, can't park near work and works CBD. Never had any issues with my Xiaomi devices so i'd totally hit the cheapest model that fits your needs. Will pay for itself pretty quickly no paying Wilsons, so if you decide you want a better one you can always flick it off and upgrade.

I looked at the the xiaomi model as the price is very good. But the suspension is what sold me on the kaabo skywalker 10h. And I believe there now front and rear motor and even faster, which is great. Worth having the suspension in my opinion, much nicer to ride. Once your used to the speed, you'll look at faster scooters, that's me atm, still enjoy mine, but would love a slightly faster one. 

I looked at the kaabo but it didn't look like it's collapsible and I don't have a big wagon since upgrading from the Stagea.

I was looking at the Xiaomi Mi models but there's a little gruntier Segway model that's got 10 inch wheels instead of 8.5 inch. I'm a larger lass and Bart's not race weight since switching to more of a desk job so thought it would be worth paying the extra $100-$150 for the Segway.

Kaabo is foldable, and holds a decent sized rider. Just saying. If your price point is a cheaper scooter, go xiaomi, or if your willing to go a super stable scooter, go kaabo imo. My father in law rides it and loves how good it is, you can cap the speed if you don't want to go max speed. Worth the extra money imo