3 generations of Muncies impulse bought the same GN125.....

Muncie

Just dropped a low ball bid on this gem ive kind of wanted one for ages my son wants one and my daughter has been actively looking at them as a learner bike.

Scored for $370 seems very cheap for a 2016 appears to be missing a muffler but otherwise complete and tidy..... of course ive not seen it other than on trademe.

Watch this space. Will be a spruce up service and rock scissors paper to see who keeps it.

Screenshot_20220525-210441_Trade Me.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It runs, throttle was 80% jammed pulled cable out flushed it with CRC and it freed up. Discovered why it got parked it's out of gas and the key doesn't fit fuel cap.....

Second bike now with same issue.

It'll basically be good to go as is once I find an exhaust. Even the battery is sweet everything works.

Petrol stinks so not going to persevere till I sort fuel cap and get fresh stuff in.

• Like 1

How i extract the old one will be an issue for weekend Dave. 

The place this bike had a few gn125s I bet someone has swapped fuel caps with one of other bikes. I really don't want to fuck the tank.

*edit* couldn't wait lock barrel is corroded to buggery so wound a big old decking screw into it used 9kg barbell a short length of chain and popped the barrel out piece of cake.

Flathead in the hole out pops the cap now I can get fresh petrol in. 

Test ride tomorrow after work 

20220531_201703.jpg

• Like 6

Test ride done with no exhaust pretty peppy once it's moving but 90 ks it's on the redline with the farm gears.

Gave it a wipe with an oily rag and gotta say it's pretty mint! A puff of paint and it'll be too nice to let the kids on.

Amazed it's been on a farm and the seat is immaculate foam is soft vinyl isn't rooted gave it a clean and leather cream it's glossy as.

Tell me about farm reg? I want to get it back in system but not pay full bike reg yet.

20220601_183012.jpg

• Like 3

I got it running pretty well wouldn't mind betting the exhaust valve and seat are pitted to buggery but it'll do for now(ever)

It needed some back pressure to give it some legs so I created the king of jank scrap bucket exhaust that directs heat and noise away from the rider from all the titbits of shit under my bench.

20220606_144627.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Back into this thing, it's been taken over by my son @zach_munce he's put it back to stock with nice new muffler and full service.

Hes basically been riding and enjoying it recently the throttle cable snapped and we are now on to the 3rd replacement after the first 2 didnt fit, so while its out of action we are giving it a spruce up with new paint for the tank and side covers. The frame is actually mint and can be left alone for now.

Home-brew paint incoming.... he got the punishing job of Removing and sanding out the pinstripes.