KwS's SD1 Obsession

kws

6 hours ago, shrike said:

So are you going to make a claim via the Contract and Commercial Law Act 2017?

Sounds like the guy is just scum and took advantage of the current car market, highly doubt anyone in the UK would have paid what he was saying he could get etc if they would surely he would have already jumped on it

Certainly considered it, but its not really worth my time. Im sure i'd have a solid case though. Im not sure having to drag it out further would be any good for my mental health.

Prices in the Uk are all over the show, but if it was as good as it had been described it would have got some decent coin over there (albeit as you say, not what he was aiming for) but anyone that imported it would have been bitterly disappointed at its condition (more so than me, at least i only transported it across the island, not across the world).

@Muncie Are there any issues with whacking new lifters in on an old cam? I'd be surprised if the cam was any good, since I have zero idea how many miles are actually on this engine, but it might be worth a crack. I've also been told to try slipping a feeler gauge between the rocker and valve with the engine running and seeing which one has more play, indicating a lifter that hasnt pumped up. Im really hoping it just goes away by its self as I dont want to waste money on this engine.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, cletus said:

50083-MBL8-Concentrated-Oil-Additive_g5ykcs_wvgauz.jpg

Ive dumped a can of the Mitsubishi engine treatment into it, which is more or less the same as Proma. Works really well on mitsis and subarus, but hasnt done jack to the Rover yet.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Otodat said:

Car looks awesome in those pictures you took, can see the appeal.

Thanks. Now picture it slightly lower, cleaner, with the correct fog lights, center caps and Vitesse rear spoiler... #goals.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If the cam isn't chewed up new lifters should work fine. I'm no expert it did work on mine though with no ill effects.

Heaps of assembly lube and did a cam run in process on mine just to give it best chance.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

No 3.9 or 4.6 has magically come up for sale locally, which sucks and all the good engines are either crazy money or miles away (like the one above). On the plus side, the previous owner is apparently shipping down a crate with the original engine in it, or something that might resemble parts of the original engine. Not sure what I will end up with yet, we will see. If there is enough to rebuild, and its not completely ruined, that might become the plan.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, kws said:

or miles away (like the one above) 

In sure that the oldschool freight service might be able to help. It seems to be a totally fair price for a sub 200k engine eh? 

(with apparently no issues..... :doubt: Hmmmm) 

• Haha 1