Sheepers buys a modern car.

sheepers

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if the steering controller are the type that pull different resistances for each button press. there are both stereos that can handle that out of the box, and adapter boxes for the stereos that want a standard input. 

there are also all manner of adapter boxes, many from axxess, that can handle specific steering wheel controls. super lush having them work so well worth a little bit of money imo

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thats quite nerdy. I'm impressed. I considered taking the aftermarket touchscreen out of my 430 so I could have all the stock steering wheel controls work as per factory. I have having things there that don't work.

Good job, I may try bribe you to build another one day. 

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, BlownCorona said:

details on compounds used plz? i have a similar job to do on my XF

I've had good success with Meguiars, depending on availability/cost I would use the heavier cut M100, M101 or M105 for the first few passes then finished off with the Ultimate Compound and then a good wax/ceramic coat on top. I just can't believe the cost for some of these compounds in the NZ though - the Ultimate Compound is like $45-50 at SCA/Repco but it's literally $15 in US/Canada. 3M commercial stuff is good too but can't speak of pricing/availability in NZ.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BlownCorona said:

details on compounds used plz? i have a similar job to do on my XF

i used pacer products from RA Johnstone.

easily the best cutting/polishing compounds I've used. the cutting compounds worked well and were easy to buff off after running the DA.

stage one - Pacer super cut.

stage two - pacer ultra cut.

stage three - presta ultra 2 step polish.

stage four - meguires hybrid wax/ceramic coat.

this combo worked out really well and ill deff use this going forward. 

for a lightly scratched/oxidised car id start with the ultra cut and work down the list. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2