87 L200 4g54 engine replacement

mtso

New Mitsi owner here, Looking at options for the ute as we have oil in the water and someone has very helpfully stripped the carb, soo at a minimum I believe I would require a carb kit and a new head. Ute has done 180k. ute has a five speed and am curious about simple engine transplant using a more economical engine that would mate to the existing trans. Any help greatly appreciated.

16 minutes ago, mtso said:

New Mitsi owner here, Looking at options for the ute as we have oil in the water and someone has very helpfully stripped the carb, soo at a minimum I believe I would require a carb kit and a new head. Ute has done 180k. ute has a five speed and am curious about simple engine transplant using a more economical engine that would mate to the existing trans. Any help greatly appreciated.

0.jpg.8f868f67bd2de4349e641918f81fc2cc.jpg

1 hour ago, mtso said:

If you want quick and easy just replace or fix the current one.

More economical is probably hard?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nominal said:

good luck finding a head that isn't cracked, unless aussies got replacements made as they more popular over there.

2.6 Magna had same motor, but fwd shit needs removing and swapped for RWD.
i believe 2.6 courier motor is from same casting but head different

2 hours ago, Nominal said:

Yes, Thanks for the replies. possible head on TM but no carb so far.

4g63 sohc engine would be great if I could find a good one, then the bellhousing

wide /narrow problem. Does anyone know the model/yr of vehicles with 4g63 sohc that will fit 

the ute ie mate to the box.