KwS's Suzuki Swift of Sporty Slowness

kws

Nice project. Good cars! We got the wife a hybrid one a year ago, both of us love it. Looks like total nana spec but inside it feels like a sports car and drives like a kart. They ain't all the same tho! Workmate had one that was a miserable thing to drive and unbelievably slow.

• Like 2

^ what Goat said.

My sister has a similar one, might be prefacelift in the same blue. Had annoying issue with occupancy sensor in the seat cushion failing causing an airbag light on the dash and a wof fail. Apparently very common on this era Suzuki's and some cars even being written off as a result, which seems bonkers. Chucked a resistor in there to trick the sensor which seemed to be the recommended fix found online.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Toucan said:

^ what Goat said.

My sister has a similar one, might be prefacelift in the same blue. Had annoying issue with occupancy sensor in the seat cushion failing causing an airbag light on the dash and a wof fail. Apparently very common on this era Suzuki's and some cars even being written off as a result, which seems bonkers. Chucked a resistor in there to trick the sensor which seemed to be the recommended fix found online.

That's the same fix as I've used on bmws before with a similar issue. Heck,it's so common on those you can buy plug and play sensor deletes for peanuts :grin:

• Like 1

I dont have the money or space for this to be fair, hence I need to sell some cars. Martha would've been a shoe in if it weren't for the Strait; I don't even look at cars on the other island since I can't just drive there (within reason). 

• Like 2

Yea not like me.. paid a visit to my Uncle in Te Anau while tripping down south in January.. he had a late 90's Jeep GC sitting on his driveway and before I realised I was buying it off him with no easy way of getting it up here.. always wanted one, price to good to pass up, all the usual excuses really. Now gotta plan another holiday to fly down there and drive it back. I do enjoy a good road trip though

• Like 5

Great read , picked up an auto one month so ago myself has the recaros and hid lights. Much much maintenance needed every fluid changed, valve cover gasket, developed a missfire so i did plugs and coils and did a stereo with amped speakers. Has about 4 million stone chips and 230k on the clock but after a full cut and polish the very dull paint came back, the engine is spotless inside and gets 13.7L per k. Found gaskets and air filter ect were cheaper genuine than generic from repco ect

9D593BA3-E271-456B-A27D-5E5011BD6949.jpeg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jakesae101 said:

Great read , picked up an auto one month so ago myself has the recaros and hid lights. Much much maintenance needed every fluid changed, valve cover gasket, developed a missfire so i did plugs and coils and did a stereo with amped speakers. Has about 4 million stone chips and 230k on the clock but after a full cut and polish the very dull paint came back, the engine is spotless inside and gets 13.7L per k. Found gaskets and air filter ect were cheaper genuine than generic from repco ect

9D593BA3-E271-456B-A27D-5E5011BD6949.jpeg

Looks good on those wheels; will be something that gets done on mine at some point. I concur with the consumables thing, Suzuki genuine parts are really reasonably priced, and its often not much more to buy from the dealer than to order via Amayama or the likes.

• Like 2

Should've bought a K11. Gone from working clutch, to intermittently dragging clutch, to no clutch. Seems there is little to no clutch pressure now, despite bleeding multiple times. 

New master is on the way, hopefully have it sorted this weekend. Fingers crossed it's finally sorted, or it'll be time for a new clutch kit. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

This has reminded me that a young chap broke down outside my house in a manual swift sport.

He'd learnt to drive in it and had it full of his mates. I checked if they were all good and it's exhibiting all the same signs you're expressing. Unsure how he got on but he openly admitted he rode the clutch all the time haha. I think 5 up finished the job.

I got this from a young guy who used it to learn to drive in, but doubt he would've come all the way from Dannevirk to break down. I have no doubt between learning to drive, the pedal bracket bolt missing and the leaking slave, that the clutch had taken a beating, but it doesnt slip, and when it wasnt dragging it had a good bite point and worked well.