How to stop a dash cracking?

Mattt

So I've picked up this old euro import 7 series for parts as it ls a manual and I want to manual swap mine. Well, low and behold the dash in it is mint. No cracks at all. Not bad for a 1978 that's sat in a paddock since 2002. Anyway, I'm extreeeeeeemely paranoid that it's going to crack when I'm removing it. Has anyone got any suggestions of what I could soak on the dash for a couple weeks to try and soften it up before pulling it out? Will armour all suffice or is there something better?

Someone on this forum long ago told me not to use some Armour All type products as they contain silicon which dries out the vinyl and causes cracks. Not sure how true this is, but from that point on I've been periodically applying Neopol and I haven't had any cracking in the vinyl of my cars since I've had them over the last 7 years or so.

Neopol is available from your local supermarket, usually.

Neopol All Purpose Creme Polish 300ml | Kitchen, Dining & Household | New World

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks man. That's very helpful. Unfortunately in the 2 weeks it's been sitting in my driveway it's turned into the grand canyon. Must have been a moist environment where it was for the last 20 years. Is a real bummer, but it saves me a job of swapping the dash boards over!