Stu's 1985 Liteweight Tracker Caravan

Stu

Good caravan.

I have a 1982 Cavalier 520, same van with lovely 1970's dark brown interior.

Trailcom in Manuaku have all the Trojan parts and the prices are pretty good. The wheels are definitely  ford stud pattern, I put some Rostyles on my van last year.

Be careful with the weight distribution when towing, the standard 165/13 tires are marginal and too much weight out the back will cause some underwear testing moments. 

Happy to caravan Barry at any time.

• Like 3

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the info! I've sorted getting it transported to work so will be getting stuck in as soon as its here.

I'm keen to get a decent width wheels in there once Ive measured the available space.

not much has 14" 4x108 sadly.

for steels, look to Peugeot 405/306 or citroen bx. 

14x6 with a 20P offset is spot on usually.

you may be able to clock hubs 90 degrees and redrill to 4x114.3 as well which opens many doors of course

can't really redrill to 5 stud, though. if it was 4x114.3 you can reuse one hole and drill out to 5 without enoughmeat no worries. 

if you need new hub/rotorassemblies you could go to 5 stud also

better living

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, HighLUX said:

Adapt the levelers with a bolt on them so you can use a battery drill and a socket for speedy leveling

For sure! The new ones have a 19mm hex head on them so my plan is to use the battery driver I have to do them up :)

4 hours ago, azzurro said:

^ This! Make the bolt size same as the wheel nuts

Speaking of...not seeing any sik nasty rim updates!

Haha no progress on wheels yet but thats not far away.  I've got a new set of hubs sitting at work ready to test fit onto the existing stub axles. I'm 50% expecting to have to muck around finding the right bearings but I'm hoping this will work.  If it does then 4x114 is the new pattern so some good 14's can be fitted.  I've got commercial tires lined up that are only 9mm taller than the 13's on there now.  Once its all confirmed its going to work I'll be shopping for a pair of something old and rad.

• Like 2

On 14/04/2022 at 17:12, HighLUX said:

Adapt the levelers with a bolt on them so you can use a battery drill and a socket for speedy leveling

Dad suggested I use an impact wrench when I borrowed his caravan.

Maximum smug face when other campers see you winding the legs down with zero effort. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 months later...