Otodats 87 Nissan president discussion

Otodat

• 1 month later...

Not sure if you have sourced it already but I had a great tip for the idle control valve. 

You can source the bosch idle control valve from euro cars. I picked up one with mounting bracket, pig tail and the valve off a BMW at pick a part for $20.

20210213-160029.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Dizzy looks modifiable.

Can you measure the disc diameter? It will be 50 or 54mm. I'll find the link.

The pickup will still work, just have to rewire it. Replacement pickups can still be had from rock auto.

I have a spare I can send you to trial fit if required.

• Like 1

https://nzairfilter.co.nz/aem-30-8762.html

54mm d shaft disc to suit gti-r

I got one for my l20et dizzy. Looks the same as your dizzy, except for the mechanical advance. You might have to bin that part and lock it so the ecu can do the advance.

You can also buy replacement pickups. It's a lx652. Common on lots of nissan dizzys. Can't remember where I got one from

They are 160 on rockauto. Yours should be sweet.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

18436472 injector wiring, one of those 4s is a 5 but not sure which one, you should go 1 and 6, 8 and 4, 4 and 7, 3 and 2.

Then you set it to squirt twice per cycle and you will get the most even distribution

• Like 1

11 hours ago, fletch said:

18436472 injector wiring, one of those 4s is a 5 but not sure which one, you should go 1 and 6, 8 and 4, 4 and 7, 3 and 2.

Then you set it to squirt twice per cycle and you will get the most even distribution

I think I get it, injectors are wired 4 cylinders apart in the firing order?

FO 1843. 6572

1 and 6

8 and 5

4 and 7

3 and 2

Set twice per cycle which would be each crank rotation? Then it would inject on intake on both cylinders that are wired together?

• Like 1

Screenshot_20230702-172241.thumb.png.5f0a2cf416437d693b6df0b5d2877bd1.png

It's been coming along @gibbon. I need to replace those tyres for the new rims and get some centre caps, I got some bushes from Japan which have taken ages to get here that I need to sort. other than that the interior is still a bit gross and idk, might lower it some maybe.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Otodat said:

Screenshot_20230702-172241.thumb.png.5f0a2cf416437d693b6df0b5d2877bd1.png

It's been coming along @gibbon. I need to replace those tyres for the new rims and get some centre caps, I got some bushes from Japan which have taken ages to get here that I need to sort. other than that the interior is still a bit gross and idk, might lower it some maybe.

There's one in mangare pickapart, it had a lot of spares in it 

• Like 1