SC14 supercharger vent ports question

1963 AP5

Quick question that I hope someone can answer for me.

The Toyota SC14 supercharger has three hose fittings that I think are there to vent the gearbox and the forward bearing housings.

Can these simply be vented to atmosphere or do they need to be plumbed into the manifold on the low pressure side of the supercharger?

My supercharger is minus the factory pipework so I am not sure where these are connected on a factory set up.

Blower vent tubes.jpg

the two at the drive end look like in and out for oil circulation and might be hooked up to an engine top end feed. The back one is a vent imo - and should go to atmosphere. Don't put it to a vacuum area as you'll draw out any lube.

Had a supercharged MR2 but never paid attention to how the blower was lubed. Should be a manual on line.

1 hour ago, GregT said:

the two at the drive end look like in and out for oil circulation and might be hooked up to an engine top end feed. The back one is a vent imo - and should go to atmosphere. Don't put it to a vacuum area as you'll draw out any lube.

Had a supercharged MR2 but never paid attention to how the blower was lubed. Should be a manual on line.

SC units are self contained and filled with gear oil (or Toyota Genuine SC oil) defintely don't recommend plumbing the engine oil in :p

Thanks,

I dont have the air control vale as described in the Previa info that you supplied as my supercharger did not come with it included.

I am wondering under what conditions the ECU activates this valve.

It looks like it keeps the ports sealed when it is not energised and when the ECU energises the solenoid it vents the bearing housings to atmosphere.