Stu's camping trailer

Stu

So handy having everything ready to go in the trailer. I want to build one for kayak fishing so I can carry all the gear/chilly bins/BBQ etc and have it secure so the gear is still in the trailer when I return to shore. And have a washdown setup to get all the salt off before loading the kayaks on top. Might be a pipe dream though cause some of the spots I fish in northland have pretty ruthless locals! They'd probably just take the whole trailer, and whatever I was towing it with :grin:

• Sad 1

We've got one of these sitting in our driveway at the moment, storing it for a friend who is an arborist https://southerntrailers.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/TIPPER-BROCHURE-0117-np.pdf

They are insane, so modular, gave me some great ideas for a trailer.

It's got a deep cycle battery on it for the tipper which I'm being tasked with charging off the alternator, so I'm gonna set it up like a house battery in a camper with an anderson plug on the drawbar and an isolator in the engine bay of his ute.

Yeah the trailer is super handy and similar deal I need to be careful where I park it. We tend to only unhook in camp grounds which are reasonably low risk. I've got a couple of hunting trips planned this year where it would be amazing to take it but haven't decided if I'm keen to risk it. I lock up the coupling and have a wheel clamp but dunno if that's enough.  Had quite a few people come up for a sharn while away last weekend #trailerbarry.  I'm tempted to get a 12v ice maker but shit they are expensive!  240v ones are ~$140 for a cheap one but that means the inverter will be running all the time and its fan annoys me so would rather have a 12v one.  If anyone has any leads on one new or second hand let me know.

Damn that tipper trailer is awesome! And yeah that's a pretty good idea for the charging setup - could use one of those dual battery controllers if you were feeling rich.  My next project will probably be rebuilding my car trailer - may even remake the whole thing from ali this time. But I'm keen to setup a battery on board the same as your tipper for the winch etc and also have a decent set of reverse lights on it. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...