Marlborough Moped Melee - 4th, 5th, 6th March 2022 - Entry form now Live

- i5oogt -

with both the Molesworth and Rainbow roads closed this season, we have an alternative plan

Entry form is here:
https://www.emailmeform.com/builder/form/pIdgamPB4En6388S?fbclid=IwAR1zInCTCA8XtPSJYGk4tffYkUTZuSuSdocE1pm_N6dLLAkx_bdyFUEjAps

Entries/Payments: - Green = Paid

Chris.QCR
Aaron Card
Blizzo
Truenotch
Sentra
Governorsam
Slacker.Cam
Willdat
Dan Chaston
spud1man
Mark Iddles
Torton
ThePog
Peteretep
Tumeke
RunnyMuck
Steve Aitken
Jeff McLaren
Mof
Markus Drake
JustHarry
i5oogt

here is it so far

Day 1

Morning:image.png

Afternoon:
image.png.edc350cce590be569c8229f33ff8e893.png

And Back to the Start:
image.thumb.png.3d21b6a6b253aad0caf04a9b777dd2e0.png

• Like 3

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably drive back to quakechurch Sunday night. 

Details still to be sorted are vehicle/trailer storage for the saturday night.  My dad has a cousin with a farm 20 mins down north bank road. But that's 20 mins less riding. (Although day 2 is a huge day anyway/my anoose hung like sleeve of wizard after it last year)

2 hours ago, slacker.cam said:

Covid had better not fuck this for us Aucklanders again! Time to sort transport for bikes.

On a 1-10 scale how hectic is this ride going to be compared to last year?

I can confirm day two will teach you things you never knew about yourself.

Days one and three you'll have to ask @Willdat? or @Pee Dubs.

They're the unsung heroes.

3 hours ago, slacker.cam said:

Covid had better not fuck this for us Aucklanders again! Time to sort transport for bikes.

On a 1-10 scale how hectic is this ride going to be compared to last year?

Day 1 is easy riding, twisty gravel roads and quite scenic, 3/10.

Day 2 is as per last year, call that a 6/10 for knarliest bit of Maungatapu.

Day 3 Porika and Braeburn tracks I haven't done. I know there's at least one super steep section that many big bike riders are pretty wary of, but hopefully small bikes should be sweet (just make sure you have decent brakes), maybe 7-8/10?

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Pee Dubs said:

Yes designed with small bike fuel range in mind. Longest stint will be 140km from Linkwater to Titirangi and back.

Just foreshadowing a possible issue here, the road is closed just before Portage as of yesterday (currently staying in Momorangi Bay) I'd propose a back up of heading towards French Pass if we needed it? It would involve a bit more of a seal stage but still the same kind of flavour. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Willdat? said:

Just foreshadowing a possible issue here, the road is closed just before Portage as of yesterday (currently staying in Momorangi Bay) I'd propose a back up of heading towards French Pass if we needed it? It would involve a bit more of a seal stage but still the same kind of flavour. 

Slips? Even a short way up could be alright. I didn't include Kaituna-Tuamarina for return to Blenheim, so could still add that in if required.

To go up to Tennyson Inlet / Okiwi Bay is probably too far in one day.

7 hours ago, Pee Dubs said:

Slips? Even a short way up could be alright. I didn't include Kaituna-Tuamarina for return to Blenheim, so could still add that in if required.

To go up to Tennyson Inlet / Okiwi Bay is probably too far in one day.

Yeah slips galore unfortunately along that road. Portage is boat access only at the moment. I'd be suspicious it's a pretty big deal slip as they'll be missing out on the Summer season. 

Queen Charlotte Drive will be hilarious on a small bike. 

Think ima jump into this on the CT and markku will join too. That first day is a pretty hectic amount of riding for small bikes. I suggest leaving very, very early from blen. Even the port underwood road will take a while and it’s corrugated to fuck. 

• Like 2