Marlborough Moped Melee - 4th, 5th, 6th March 2022 - Entry form now Live

- i5oogt -

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, ThePog said:

So there seems to be a certain amount of interest in a catered bbq on Sat.

How many will be at the top10 for the bbq? And will it be better to collect some money prior so my sis can get what is required to make it memorable rather than hand her some paknscab sausages...?

Keen as, sounds like a great option 

• Like 1

Did the first speed run on the NBC this afternoon, I'm tempted to drop a tooth or two at the front next chain /sprocket change as top speed is basically the same in 3rd and 4th. I'm going to pre-run the first half of day 3 tomorrow too just to make sure we're getting the best route possible. 

• Like 3

Pre-ran the first half of day 3 today combined with a shakedown run for the NBC. Front brakes gained a whole heap of power over the day which was reassuring. I also managed to lose a rear axle nut at 80km/h. Shopping list for this week is sundry Nylocs and a beer to drop off at the guy from Tadmor who let me rummage in his spare nuts.

Some pretty cool new gravel, Sunday Creek Road will be a bit of a treat.

Managed to score a passenger ride with @mattj competing in a gravel track race. Sorry about the ballast.

Dropped into see @ThePog too, confirmed Day 2 will have a bonus 115km for me. Sounds like the Maungatapu and Braeburn are running well if a little rocky. Fizzing....

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1