Marlborough Moped Melee - 4th, 5th, 6th March 2022 - Entry form now Live

- i5oogt -

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, BLIZZO said:

Ah dumb yea that’s a highlight of the ride, ferry team might need to leave Nelson at sparrows fart 

Would be a shame to split the ride up if we don't have to. 630am meet at the Caltex for 7am departure should give us plenty of time to ride Porika and Braeburn and back in Blenheim mid afternoon I would have thought. 

• Like 7

Wakefeild to st Arnaud is only 60kms. 

And st Arnaud to Blenheim is 103kms. 

The map on page one of this thread says 3hrs and 4 mins to cover the 158 to st Arnaud (presumably including the tracks) 

Chuck in an hour for lunch, and a few catch up stops, and everything will be tickety boo.

To quote @JustHarry who I roomed with last year (who talks in his sleep)

It'll be Fiiiiiine.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, RUNAMUCK said:

How close do those two tracks take us to lake Rotoroa?

I stopped by there once for a look. It's an incredibly beautiful spot. 

However the sand flies there ride vee-rods........

Porika track takes you to a cool lookout point over the entire lake then winds down to the lakefront. Braeburn track is less of a track and actually just a gravel road. If short of time we may just turn around at the lake. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, BLIZZO said:

Porika track takes you to a cool lookout point over the entire lake then winds down to the lakefront. Braeburn track is less of a track and actually just a gravel road. If short of time we may just turn around at the lake. 

Exactly, plus with the Braeburn currently closed that might be what we'd have to do anyway, a double helping of Porika would be awesome. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chris.QCR said:

Double Porika would be a great challenge fo sure !

That's what I was thinking, over the Porika and turn around and back the way you came. If it's too knarly for anyone, they can head out to the highway and scoot back around the main road back to the Howard Valley or St. Arnaurd and wait for the rough riders.

• Like 1