Marlborough Moped Melee - 4th, 5th, 6th March 2022 - Entry form now Live

- i5oogt -

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 25/01/2022 at 19:45, BLIZZO said:

Porika is fine, if old mate is crying about it in a CT he must be a pretty new rider. The first time I did it Blinky bill did it on a CB350four, hayhole on a gn250 with road tyres. Mitch did it on a BMW r80 road bike on our brass monkey trip in winter and it was a walk in the park on my 200kg africa twin with 40kg of luggage. My father in law rides it both ways with the cook on the back of his africa twin. Mangatapu is far more technical than porika 

Old mate was about 80 and recovering from a stroke and a seizure to be fair, so probably a good effort on his part. 
I took the family over it in my work ute a couple of years back not knowing what it was like, and we made it just fine. Just noticed a few people online saying it was harder than usual at the moment, and tracks change. So if peeps have been over it recently, than their intel must be good. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Okay pests 

Can everyone who's coming please fill out an entry form? We need to know numbers so we can organize how many drinks/bbq we need to procure. 

I've spoken to dads cousin who has a farm down north bank road. He said we can leave any cars/trailers there.  Let me know if you need this. (I think it's in the entry form anyway) 

Not long to go now!!!!

Almost time to lick the stamp and send it!!!!

Just mounted a old CT90 Auxiliary fuel tank onto Aarons Modern CT125. Good to go !

I then bolted my Aux fuel tank and rear rack back onto my CT and will ride to new job next week to make sure everything still as it was then do a oil change and maybe change the throttle cable. Then repack the spares and tools into my frame mounted bags and Im good to go

Screenshot_20220211-142325_Gallery.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1