Project Golf kart

jessemk2

Nah, it's the ABS sensors - All it's doing is measuring wheel rotations relative to each other while taking in to account steering inputs.  

There's a good chance the other cases you found were shitty sensor pickups/wiring or just plain shit tires creating a bit of slip.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Scored a rear section exhaust with muffler delete and a rear bumper so can get rid of the tow bar and not have a hole there.

And Sunday Monday to work on golf:)!

should get bumper exhaust and coilover sorted but could get side tracked by beers and bbqs

will add some pics as I get shit done over weekend 

• Like 1

Got the rear suspension in.

Have to buy some triple square bits I think to strip down the front

Fuck vw you use torx/12 point star sockets/triple square and  what metric bolts they use are weird sizes like 18mm and that's just removing front struts .

I do prefer working on jap cars

20220608_153507.jpg

• Like 1

I'm thinking I should get this certed before next wof.

With coilovers is it still wheel alignment printout with it in spec and lowest point has atleast 100mm clearance and no design disasters with suspension arms axle angles etc?

Front bumper lip is 95mm everything underneath is over 100mm

Wheel alignment done so taking it on road trip for long weekend.

As a bonus the milltek exhaust had one of those spacers on rear probe,after clearing engine light and a few good hoons hasn't come back:compress:

Have to save some more money now get  injectors serviced and tune.

• Like 1

On 17/06/2022 at 07:01, jessemk2 said:

I'm thinking I should get this certed before next wof.

With coilovers is it still wheel alignment printout with it in spec and lowest point has atleast 100mm clearance and no design disasters with suspension arms axle angles etc?

Front bumper lip is 95mm everything underneath is over 100mm

Yep camber no more than 1/2 degree over max factory spec 

100mm thing doesn't matter for cert 

Wof check sheet means the certifier doesn't have to check any wof items or exhaust noise 

Golf's are usually pretty straight forward, most common things I can think of for cert are issues around the front sway bar links being wrong length or drive shaft fouling on the chassis/ sway bar link 

Also make sure your wheel bolts have 7.5 turns and have the correct seat taper 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I did have issue with the sway bar drive shaft fouling,on the eibachs the sway bay mount is adjustable.

Took a few go's to get it rite

Wheel alignment tech got it all in the green so I should be good on the cert front.

Hey cletus how many months in advance do I have to book for cert and is a front bolt on brakes upgrade from a newer faster golf r/s3 need certing?

Standard brakes do work good but bigger brakes would look cooler

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

May aswell chuck a reverse camera at it "while your there"

The one for mine still interacts with digital display on my dash,don't know how I just went to importer of headunits with my car and asked which ones are plug and play and they had 5 options

When I was reading up on it some people were getting parasitic drain on battery from some headunits and not all steering wheel ready headunits will work with car 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So previous oil consumption talk.

I'm on the low mark on my dipstick after 5800kms added litre to get to high mark

That's about normal for these from what I've read 

Will try suggested oil this time round and compare use at same distance 

Vw handbook says 15k oil changes so would have to top up 2 or 3 times between services lol

Im gona do oil every 6000.

I hope engine burnt most of it and it's not in my intake ports.