• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Been driving this most weekends and enjoying it

I noticed the front brake pads were low

Scored some ebc yellowstuff pads and installed last weekend they do work as advertised :grin:

After searching tm for secondhand wheels pretty much everyday I've noticed I don't like any of them,want a more street/track looking wheel alot that come up are more flashy style rims

So ordered some new 18 rims and tyres so once I pick them up I'll install the coilovers and lower to suit 

Probably only lower it 25mm so still have bit of ground clearance for b road hoonage

• Like 3

The tyre warning light came on when I was driving it the other night

My initial thought was fuck there's no pressure sensors in the new wheels

After a quick Google search on the side of the road they don't use tyre pressure sensors.

It uses the abs/speed sensors and probably thought something was up because I changed wheel size.

Did the reset procedure put handbrake on turn ignition on hold traction control button down hang tongue out to the left and it went away and hasn't come back yet.

5 minutes ago, jessemk2 said:

The tyre warning light came on when I was driving it the other night

After a quick Google search on the side of the road they don't use tyre pressure sensors.

It uses the abs/speed sensors and probably thought something was up because I changed wheel size.

Did the reset procedure put handbrake on turn ignition on hold traction control button down hang tongue out to the left and it went away and hasn't come back yet.

This happens to me every so often if driving through rain.  I havent bothered enough to look into it further...

1 hour ago, Alfashark said:

Another culprit for this - If you've got lower/stiffer springs and the car is capable of cocking a rear wheel around a corner, that pings the TPMS as well.

Wheel size won't matter at all, as long as all 4 are the same diameter.

Well I can see this happening again once I lower it on the coilovers then:badgrin:

I did find a few cases on a mk5 specific forum where it happened just by changing wheel diameter even though overall wheel/tyre diameter is minimal,just hope that's the case and it's not a sensor(never did it with the factory wheels over 6000ks)