Project Golf kart

jessemk2

Factory head unit only had am/fm cd.

All my music is pretty much on my phone so added a 9"android auto head unit with a pioneer under seat sub and reverse camera.

Need to download a better screen disply

20220129_190037.thumb.jpg.27ea09c7afbe833ab1bbce05c7fe6ce5.jpg

then took it for a evening hoon around some b roads

20220129_203500.thumb.jpg.e0cd31fb04ef9fe6432763fadba6524a.jpg

• Like 5

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Took it for a good b road drive last night burnt through $90 of 98 in about 1.5hrs.

$90 doesn't get you alot of 98 nowadays thou

Got it booked in for tints to help keep interior temps down which might help  the interior from falling apart and it should look a bit cooler too.

• Like 2

Not to fussed on using genuine service parts specially when it's $170 cheaper on sale at supercheap,it all meets vw standard so should be ok

Dsg not due for service for another 12000kms but just going to do it anyway

20220211_115247_copy_1008x454.jpg.8bd5e51269af926b77c62c8425e81f69.jpg

Nice cruisy job for the weekend.

I did ordered a genuine vw thermostat/housing thou wasn't much more than a knockoff

The cooling fan has recently decided to stay on all the time,did a scan and #2 temp sensor is coming up so will order that and replace when I do the cooling system service.

• Like 1

Keep an eye on the oil level with that Castrol - It's good when it's in liquid form, but it tends to flash off as vapour a bit easier than the Penrite or Liquimoly equivalent. My wagon had a bit of an appetite for oil on Castrol and after asking a few questions on an Oz based forum, others had found the same. Did a service each with LM and Penrite and the level was much more stable.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Alfashark said:

Keep an eye on the oil level with that Castrol - It's good when it's in liquid form, but it tends to flash off as vapour a bit easier than the Penrite or Liquimoly equivalent. My wagon had a bit of an appetite for oil on Castrol and after asking a few questions on an Oz based forum, others had found the same. Did a service each with LM and Penrite and the level was much more stable.

Oh no way, golf was using a full dipstick between services on that, I assumed just cos real thin and burns up 

Hp fuel pump follow was done at last service 9000ks ago,was thinking its should be ok till next service.

Not sure what oil was used previous service 9k ago but was reading just above low when I checked when first went over car,took about 650ml to get to fill

So will keep a eye on it

• Like 1