any builders in chch looking for a cashie in the new year

d.p.n.s

Spoke to the building inspector. Like me it’s hard to say exactly without seeing it.

But he said as you are widening the hole (modifying the structural integrity) and modifying the exterior envelop you would definitely need a resource consent.

If you carry out the work without a consent and tried to sell the house later you maybe forced to either get a retrospective consent (niggly) or return it to how it was.

Again, don’t take the word of a random person on the internet. But I can’t emphasise enough how important it is to get this right.

Highly recommend getting a second opinion and get it in writing.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kiwi808 said:

Spoke to the building inspector. Like me it’s hard to say exactly without seeing it.

But he said as you are widening the hole (modifying the structural integrity) and modifying the exterior envelop you would definitely need a resource consent.

If you carry out the work without a consent and tried to sell the house later you maybe forced to either get a retrospective consent (niggly) or return it to how it was.

Again, don’t take the word of a random person on the internet. But I can’t emphasise enough how important it is to get this right.

Highly recommend getting a second opinion and get it in writing.

thanks for that I will look into ut again in the new year.