any builders in chch looking for a cashie in the new year

d.p.n.s

hi all.

im struggling to find a builder to do some a few jobs ..been looking for about 3 months now but apparently  builders are busy as fuck...and we cant even get someone to even come and have a look.

we want a window taken out and French doors put in..

if anyone is keen and whats some pics or more details ...let me know..

cheers

Dan

1 hour ago, d.p.n.s said:

as far as I was aware it 

fell under exempt form consent..

You can replace like for like but if you are modifying the exterior envelope you will need a building consent.

Taking out a window and putting a door in will require a consent.

Don’t take a random person from the internets word for it though. Just ring your local council tomorrow and ask them.

They don’t want people accidentally modifying their homes illegally so will set you straight.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, kiwi808 said:

You can replace like for like but if you are modifying the exterior envelope you will need a building consent.

Taking out a window and putting a door in will require a consent.

Don’t take a random person from the internets word for it though. Just ring your local council tomorrow and ask them.

They don’t want people accidentally modifying their homes illegally so will set you straight.

I have rung and asked a few months back now ..and even gave them the dimensions... as seeing as the door was only 300mm wider than the window and as long as a it was strengthened above the door ..we should be fine...

but I'll ring again in the new year and double check..

cheers

1 hour ago, d.p.n.s said:

did you need consent mate? as I've heard no and yes now.

No we didnt.

The mrs works at council, (the the building consent/planning unit) and she reckoned we were sweet.

We didnt widen the opening/touch the wall framing/lintel. The lower bit we took out wasnt structural.

• Like 2

Tried using builders crack website? Load up the job(s) and builders register interest/quote for it. Can be good for small jobs

Theres work that requires/does not require a consent. If the work is technically consentable you may be able to apply for a consent exemption given it is minor work. This would save you a bit in council fees and processing time.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, xsspeed said:

Tried using builders crack website? Load up the job(s) and builders register interest/quote for it. Can be good for small jobs

Theres work that requires/does not require a consent. If the work is technically consentable you may be able to apply for a consent exemption given it is minor work. This would save you a bit in council fees and processing time.

been advertised for a couple of months mate ....not one person has shown up to look at it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, xsspeed said:

Crazy, my mates who aren't diy inclined advertised up here for a tiny job and still got like 5 people interested which surprised me

had 5 people intrested in it and no one showed up to even have a look....its crazy man

• Like 1