mutinys fxr

mutiny

Rad!

Who are you using for parts? JPCycles are pretty cheap and have super fast shipping. You can search for stuff with the harley parts numbers too. Used that for a whole heap of bits.

Awesome that the motor and box are bare alloy, not chromed. So much better! And will never get to that "fucked" stage that chromed alloy always gets to if its neglected.

Not sure what style you like, but have you considered looking for a sportster tank for it? Alot smaller, but makes them a heck of a lot less "fat". Have a look on lowbrow customs as they have all sorts of tanks there (and quite a few other harley parts). Run a small stand alone speedo instead of the massive tank mounted one.
Some taller profile rear tyres would fill the rear a bit more. Shinkos are relatively cheap and look rad (if you're into the 70's look).  Maybe some chrome rear shock springs as the black ones disappear a bit into the bike.

I like harleys super lean. So my feedback is to be taken with a grain of salt :)

Awesome bike anyway dude. Keen to see where it goes.

Also, you can get kickstart kits for these, just sayin... :P

Love it!

I agree with Clint as well.. keep the tank clean, looks so much better with that silver off it.

@Goat I can concur with the chrome alloy thing, just take a look at my bike I just got back & that is testament to it being a rather shit finish which I now need to blast & paint.

I'm no Harley expert, but I love seeing them here, so keep the updates coming man

Yea I've brought a few things from jp cycles for this bike and other bikes. I found they liased around getting my last order out which was a bit annoying but ohwell. Shipping from the states is just getting insane 

As for asthetics I'll be keeping it pretty stock. I like the wide tank and ill be doing some big ride on it so having the extra capacity will be good.

Yeah the wide glide front ends look a bit silly to me. I'm actually on  the hunt for some 2000+ 39mm twin disc lowers so I can get some 4 piston brakes to go on it too. These single piston ones are poos. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Oooo pics of Iron head? Are there a few Harleys on here had a quick blast through the two wheels thread and only found a couple.

That only took around 3 hours for the pair. Hand sanded then polished with a small polishing cone on a drill

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...