RECOMMENDATIONS: Mechanic/ Shop for lowering etc CHCH

moglix

Morning,

Looking for recommendations for someone local (CHCH), be it a sole operator or a business to do some suspension work for me.

Looking at lowering a car, put blocks in rear and either cut or install new springs up front.. 

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. 

Go see Chris @ Chamberlains Suspension. 

He can either match the coils of what you have or custom build new coils, reset factory ones ( I believe their Coiling machine is out of action at the moment however ) . They can also make blocks, and install it all for you too.

If its a old enough car I wouldn't recommend resetting your factory coil  springs, as they've most likely sagged over the years and will re-settle unevenly 9/10...

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CUL8R said:

Go see Chris @ Chamberlains Suspension. 

He can either match the coils of what you have or custom build new coils, reset factory ones ( I believe their Coiling machine is out of action at the moment however ) . They can also make blocks, and install it all for you too.

If its a old enough car I wouldn't recommend resetting your factory coil  springs, as they've most likely sagged over the years and will re-settle unevenly 9/10...

This plus one :) 

To give you an example of old and saggy springs, I got some Cobra 50mm raised rear coils for my D21 Terrano as it tows alot. Well it must have towed alot previous to me as the 50mm raise actually raised it 85mm (the 35mm sag then 50mm lift). Had to re-index the front torsion bars and raise that up a bit just to get rid of the massive rake ;) . Cobra's are made by chamberlains and i highly recommend them off my own experience.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1