Muncie fixes a 2 stroke

Muncie

Have had this since the weekend it had a whole lot wrong so I let the minions at it and with nothing to lose thinking it may be on its way to the tip, but with some verbal guidance once we got fuel in it (which required a big hammer and a crowbar) it fired up and ran fairly well.

It ran well for all of the long weekend allowing the kids to nang around for hours so it's getting rego and going into the fleet.

It did block the fuel filter and the carb on Monday night so sat dead for a few days.

20211023_200849.jpg

• Like 2

Since been cleaned out was also full of water too and is now happily ring a dinging at its best again.

New battery ordered today so will get that in and see if the lights survived apparently if your battery is toast all your lights blow so will sort those too.

• Like 1

• Muncie changed the title to Muncie fixes a 2 stroke

Cost more than I was expecting and got pinged for an entry certificate so left to think if I could be bothered, they called later in afternoon to say they had found the chassis number in system so just had to pay up and collect plate. $128 bucks later...

• Like 5

New battery arrived today...... ffs totally wrong and took ages to work it's way through the Auckland mail centre, got correct one on way at 3x the price cos I can't be fucked trying to get a deal just want to go pest about asap!

20211102_175029.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Fitted new battery and replaced all the blown bulbs on Friday kicked er over and checked charging voltage with engine running. 15 volts, 15.5 16v shit look up all my new bulbs blowing one after other... 

Better find the voltage regulator, found the white crusty piece of shit under fairing. 

Thats on way now so thought I might try turn the 3 piece front fairing back in to one piece while I wait.

Glued all broken bits back together and reinforced them then smooged bog all over back of it in an effort to bulk the thickness up a bit so it doesn't break again.

Will throw paint at it once I sand all the other bits back.

20211114_180607.jpg

• Like 3