Muncie seizes a 2 stroke

Muncie

Have had this since the weekend it had a whole lot wrong so I let the minions at it and with nothing to lose thinking it may be on its way to the tip, but with some verbal guidance once we got fuel in it (which required a big hammer and a crowbar) it fired up and ran fairly well.

It ran well for all of the long weekend allowing the kids to nang around for hours so it's getting rego and going into the fleet.

It did block the fuel filter and the carb on Monday night so sat dead for a few days.

20211023_200849.jpg

• Like 2

Since been cleaned out was also full of water too and is now happily ring a dinging at its best again.

New battery ordered today so will get that in and see if the lights survived apparently if your battery is toast all your lights blow so will sort those too.

• Like 1

Cost more than I was expecting and got pinged for an entry certificate so left to think if I could be bothered, they called later in afternoon to say they had found the chassis number in system so just had to pay up and collect plate. $128 bucks later...

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Fitted new battery and replaced all the blown bulbs on Friday kicked er over and checked charging voltage with engine running. 15 volts, 15.5 16v shit look up all my new bulbs blowing one after other... 

Better find the voltage regulator, found the white crusty piece of shit under fairing. 

Thats on way now so thought I might try turn the 3 piece front fairing back in to one piece while I wait.

Glued all broken bits back together and reinforced them then smooged bog all over back of it in an effort to bulk the thickness up a bit so it doesn't break again.

Will throw paint at it once I sand all the other bits back.

20211114_180607.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Got a spurt of enthusiasm today so painted this nugget, paint is 7/10 but looks pretty damn good considering I only primed some of the plastics.

Meh. Looks zillion times better.

I did go chameleon paint as well glad I did looks awesome and isn't too flamboyant.

IMG_03012022_181230_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg

IMG_03012022_181237_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg

IMG_03012022_181243_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg

• Like 5

All done frame will get a tidy up at a later date, few scabby areas to touch up but it looks pretty good at a glance,

Did a h4 led headlight upgrade on it too no chance of this thing been missed now!

Also mixed another batch and resprayed the plastics on my sons dirtbike too I really like it light purple to a titanium looks sick!

IMG_20220106_202638_696.jpg

IMG_20220106_202638_622.jpg

IMG_20220106_202638_734.jpg

IMG_20220106_202638_768.jpg

• Like 8

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

With the price of gas lately this has been doing all the usual running around. 

Did some service things to it, the air filter elbow never stayed on properly so was constantly popping off the carb which made it use heaps of gas and stink of petrol. It had shrunk so I carved it back to the right size with a Stanley knife then dremmeled the lip back in to it.

There's a small fuel leak somewhere so I'll replace all the fuel lines and chuck a new filter in soon.

I also wire wheeled all the scabby stuff you could see including the wheels and hit the lot with CRC black zinc. Its looking presentable now.

IMG_13032022_121108_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg

• Like 2

Paint looks cool from afar but isn't fantastic due to it been the first thing I've sprayed in years. Maybe over winter I'll throw a better coat of colour over it. It's a bit orange peely.

Anyway rode for an hour today can jump in 70k zones without pissing people off now with air filter fixed it holds top end way better.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Trailered into Hamilton today and burned around town for 3 hours today coffee shop hopping.

Got around just fine even in 80k areas it'll punch along at 75 and no one gets pissed off. 

I found I struggle to touch the ground and the seat slopes forward which makes it uncomfortable to ride, without sliding forward on the seat im on my tip toes...... this won't do.

So this is a before picture I guess.

FB_IMG_1648707967712.jpg

• Like 1

100mm drop in rear with good suspension travel. I think this thing has had the wrong shock from factory as it feels perfect now seat is level and comfortable.

Test ride needed before I commit to new shock mount and chop up stands to regain ground clearance. Will drop front 20mm too.

20220331_192350.jpg

• Like 1

Ripped into it this morning job done before 10am

Selected shock from my small hoard of Chinese manufactured motor parts chopped the fork off old shock and welded to base of a quad shock.

Fitted test rode as expected is mint no longer wobbly when pushing through corners.

Got home and shortened 20mm out of side stand so I dont have worry about it falling over.

Tried lowering front.... to much work at this stage still happy though.

IMG_13032022_121108_(1080_x_1080_pixel).thumb.jpg.d175e39c05198b5fe0e6e2af56ee2f4c.jpg

IMG_01042022_094704_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg

IMG_01042022_094648_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg

IMG_01042022_094617_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Guess my lucky break had to end have put a 1000 ks on it over summer.... she finally let me down lost power going to get dinner tonight and died. Will fire up and idle then bogs down when you give it some juice.

Feels fuel related as it's turning over nice and idles, just changed all the fuel lines so maybe some shit got disturbed and is sitting on the jet.

Near Picture less update.... its alive again was indeed some gunk in the carb that had bypassed the filter ultra ultra fine sediment. Will fit post and pre filters so it has a fighting chance of not seeing dirt In carb.

Suspension has settled, for reference look where the muffler used to sit compared to now. It's so much nicer to ride and get on and off.

16499854032344632057565811273091.jpg

20211102_175029.thumb.jpg.4be74a1e535bce941e2a569c9e023428.jpg

• Like 3

This has been parked next to my v twin scooter that hardly ever gets used now because it's not road legal.

I've noticed there is a massive amount of space under the seat and between the chassis tubes on this...... if the 2 stroke packs a sad I think this might get a highly illegal but hidden engine swap, tape measure confirms heads will fit and I could make it bolt on to swingarm therefore reversible. 

• Like 1