Dunedin/Otago meet up and cruise Sunday 12 December 2021

vivaspeed

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the idea of meeting in Dunners then cruising up through the pig route to Randurly.

we could then have a sausage fest sizzle somewhere there then Dunners crew could head through middlemarch for the round trip.

We will have the work wagon as a support vehicle.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, kiwi808 said:

I like the idea of meeting in Dunners then cruising up through the pig route to Randurly.

we could then have a sausage fest sizzle somewhere there then Dunners crew could head through middlemarch for the round trip.

We will have the work wagon as a support vehicle.

Support vehicle with a nice low salvage trailer please

• 2 weeks later...

Okay so let's make a plan here.

First weekend in December (Sunday 5th December) might be the go.Ā  I've got commitments on the weekends either side.

Not sure what kind of distances people want to cover, but I had thought about the route below - meet Dunedin say 10am, head off through Middlemarch towards Ranfurly and/or Naseby (cool little town I visited for the first time today) for a bite to eat - BBQ or pie or pub lunch or whatever then back out to Palmerston.Ā  Central Otago people can head off home from Ranfurly if they wanted.

The other option might be to go in reverse direction and head up through Warrington, Karitane, etc but trying to avoid too much back tracking depending on where people are travelling from.

image.png.df19475e5abb70ff49c1c6a207b1e11d.png

• Like 5

If we're heading out that way do we want to meet at Peter Johnstone Park at 10am in Mosgiel?Ā  There is a big asphalt park there to meet up.Ā 
Ā 

Pretty limited without backtracking to Ranfurly on a halfway spot but there is a rest area just as you cross the Shag River at -45.19724, 170.42537

• 2 weeks later...