Sigma gearbox set up

Rolr

I know with Toyota there are multiple options usually and some are better suited than others, situation / usage dependant. More info will lead to the best answers. Unless there is literally only one manual gearbag that will work in a sigma. I'd be surprised though.

Could be weak gearbags worth avoiding, shit ratios, fitment issues and that sort of thing.

Is it front wheel drive or rear wheel drive?

You will need:(off the top of my head)

Clutch cable (may be available new)

Pedal box

Cross member

Clutch (available new)

Crossmember

Gearbox -probably narrow block, so sigma or early l200, l200 has different output shaft

Driveshaft with yoke to suit gearbox

Cert

12 minutes ago, bigfoot said:

Is it front wheel drive or rear wheel drive?

You will need:(off the top of my head)

Clutch cable (may be available new)

Pedal box

Cross member

Clutch (available new)

Crossmember

Gearbox -probably narrow block, so sigma or early l200, l200 has different output shaft

Driveshaft with yoke to suit gearbox

Cert

Front wheel drive cheers thank you

Another thing worth noting, is that if you replace the current brake pedal with another, it will need a cert. Changing the pedal box from auto to manual parts triggers this requirement (brake pedal specifically). This is technically of course, lots of auto to manual swaps running around which need cert but will likely not be picked up. Just something worth knowing before carrying on.

Easy answer is to just live the easy life with the auto, they aren't that bad.

2 hours ago, Bling said:

Another thing worth noting, is that if you replace the current brake pedal with another, it will need a cert. Changing the pedal box from auto to manual parts triggers this requirement (brake pedal specifically). This is technically of course, lots of auto to manual swaps running around which need cert but will likely not be picked up. Just something worth knowing before carrying on.

Easy answer is to just live the easy life with the auto, they aren't that bad.

Cheers thank you 

I assume you are buying/have bought the white GSR-X on trademe.

I have just completed a manual conversion on my FWD Sigma, but I luckily had a donor car to get all the bits I needed.

If I was to do it again I would look to use a gearbox from a SB/SC/E33A Galant. These gearboxes dont use a vacuum actuator to select 5th gear. Its all cables. Make sure to get the selector cables to suit that gearbox. For the clutch pedal I think you will need one from a manual Sigma as I dont think the Galant is the same. Pretty sure axles are the same between auto and manual.