MOLESWORTH MOPED MELEE, 4th, 5th, 6th March 2022

RUNAMUCK

/Ling post as i am probably unable to attend, due to close proximity of a certain @Chunky_t's wedding and life in general. 

but Porika Track is a must for any riding in the top of the south. Tie that in with Braeburn track and maruia saddle could be a spicy option to get to hanmer again, or murchison if youre into that sort of thing. The highways round there arent that bad. did them on my xr250 on the brass monkey trip and wasnt holding anyone up or being blown off the road 

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Mof said:

You still have a depot, or you're looking for one? 

It's 50/50 whether I'm riding or driving backup, if I'm driving you're all most definitely welcome to seats from chc.

How many bikes does your trailer carry? Two or three?

I'd have space for one extra bike on my trailer, (maybe two at a pinch?) and Harry could fit one extra bike on with the bbq. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The Sedgemere Bridge (south of Rainbow Station) has been closed by Transpower due to damage to the abutment during the July storm. Transpower are in the process of obtaining the required consents / approvals to source and place rock protection around the abutment. Transpower is aiming to undertake this work in March / April.
Please note that access to Rainbow Station from St Arnaud (the northern entrance) is still available on request for tramping, fishing, hunting on DOC land.

Rainbow Station
For access to Rainbow Station for tramping, hunting and fishing please contact Duncan at duncan@nelsonhoney.com

51 minutes ago, My name is Russell said:

Sedgemere Bridge (south of Rainbow Station) has been closed by Transpower due to damage to the abutment during the July storm. Transpower are in the process of obtaining the required consents / approvals to source and place rock protection around the abutment.

Should be able to do this under emergency works and sort out the consents later.

8 hours ago, My name is Russell said:

The Sedgemere Bridge (south of Rainbow Station) has been closed by Transpower due to damage to the abutment during the July storm. Transpower are in the process of obtaining the required consents / approvals to source and place rock protection around the abutment. Transpower is aiming to undertake this work in March / April.
Please note that access to Rainbow Station from St Arnaud (the northern entrance) is still available on request for tramping, fishing, hunting on DOC land.

Rainbow Station
For access to Rainbow Station for tramping, hunting and fishing please contact Duncan at duncan@nelsonhoney.com

How old was this info?
I've just emailed Duncan now.