Kenny's First Gen Surf

bomba

On 15/10/2021 at 19:06, Mickey said:

Well….. I acquired this today. Actually only 137,000km and the V6 is a certified conversion.

F30E2068-2499-4C66-AB22-01286E7ADB35.jpeg

Dude! Killing it! Awesome! What is the V6 out of?

Do you mind me asking what you paid?

Love those wheels too. Works? 

17 hours ago, Mickey said:

Just the 3L V6 from the later model which is nice cos it could almost be factory and definitely doesn’t look out of place. Not sure what the rims are yet but they look good. $4500

3.5L 2GR or the Hilux 4.0L have the same bellhousing bolt pattern. Would give that thing even more beans and probably use less fuel.

22 hours ago, Mickey said:

Just the 3L V6 from the later model which is nice cos it could almost be factory and definitely doesn’t look out of place. Not sure what the rims are yet but they look good. $4500

Wow man, well done! Nice that they kept it in the family with the 2nd gen V6. I was thinking it might have been a 3.8 Holden or something.

Thats an awesome deal! Not jealous at all haha

I think, by the looks the wheels are called Work Crags. Very cool wheel's and a decent width too.

On 18/10/2021 at 11:26, bomba said:

Wow man, well done! Nice that they kept it in the family with the 2nd gen V6. I was thinking it might have been a 3.8 Holden or something.

Thats an awesome deal! Not jealous at all haha

I think, by the looks the wheels are called Work Crags. Very cool wheel's and a decent width too.

Yeah I checked and they’re definitely crags. I’d forgotten about this crag design. I’d been looking for the 6 spoke style for my 4x4 Delica recently but found something a bit different in the end. Yours is gonna look really good. I’m actually a sucker for the retro brown interiors. The gold is nice too.

14 hours ago, Mickey said:

Yeah I checked and they’re definitely crags. I’d forgotten about this crag design. I’d been looking for the 6 spoke style for my 4x4 Delica recently but found something a bit different in the end. Yours is gonna look really good. I’m actually a sucker for the retro brown interiors. The gold is nice too.

Thanks man, I like the tan/brown interior too. You don't see them as much in that colour, a lot have the grey interiors. Slowly getting there, I need the levels to change so I can get on with the body swap!