Pretty wiring looms, tips tricks?

Muncie

2 hours ago, Roman said:

Also invaluable is a good depinning tool

You can buy some but I've got a piece of piano wire that's sharpened at one end, with a little handle on the other and it's brilliant. 

Sometimes a bit tricky to see how plugs come apart until you've done a few 

Mine is one of those WTF does this even fit super skinny allen keys ground to a long chisel tip. I found that it works better than wire because it's stiff and won't easily bend.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sheepers said:

what a rip off.

just do what that guy is doing and buy the kits off aliexpress. 

Cheers man its good to know where things have come from. I wouldn't have known as I'm not quite looking in huge detail yet.

If anyone has links to part numbers for common OEM connector terminals, that would be super handy.

I know you can get them from places like RS components, but it's often hard to identify them from the one image they show you.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Adoom said:

be wary of chinese terminals on anything critical, have seen it several times after a couple cycles plugging in they lose tension and end up with bad contact as they are made of way thinner material than genuine ones, can really notice the difference with the Chinese LS looms from VPW and aeroflow  vs OEM even the connector bodies are made of sub par plastic and cant handle the heat of an engine bay and go real brittle, the old saying you get what you pay for, 

common terminals are pretty easy to  ID, GM  its all generally Delphi/Aptiv  metripack 150/150.2 or GT150, most japanese stuff is sumitomo, can generally  figure out parts crossover to RS from ballenger, waytek, eficonnection or nzefi listings 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Adoom said:

If anyone has links to part numbers for common OEM connector terminals, that would be super handy.

I know you can get them from places like RS components, but it's often hard to identify them from the one image they show you.

Almost everything in a toyota from 90ish is onwards is these 

https://www.msel.co.nz/epages/motorsportelectronics.sf/en_NZ/?ObjectPath=/Shops/motorsportelectronics/Products/TER51151