Tortrons espresso CB650

tortron

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice. My one is coming up for sale soon too.

Mine must be a 79 model as it doesn't have the rearsets that yours has. The pegs on mine are a lot further forward, and your toes smack on the massive stator cover.

I think the chinese pod filters are restricive enough that you won't need to jet up. They're actually worse than stock those things. I have them on mine, and I am planning to replace them with UNI filters once I can swallow the prospect of cashing in for 4 of them.

FYI. I'm reasonably sure thats a 79/80 model.

81 onwards had diaphragm carbs.

Mine is rego'd as an 83 (annoying) but is actually a 79/80 model.

Don't do what I did when I got mine, and buy a carb kit for an 81-83 model... it won't fit 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, anglia4 said:

FYI. I'm reasonably sure thats a 79/80 model.

81 onwards had diaphragm carbs.

Mine is rego'd as an 83 (annoying) but is actually a 79/80 model.

Don't do what I did when I got mine, and buy a carb kit for an 81-83 model... it won't fit 

yea it was sold as an 80, and thats what i think it is, rego as an 81. 

• Like 1

Brum brum, I sure do like an inline 4

Choke cable seems to be stuck,  all my batteries go flat after 1 crank on this, probably they are all stuffed, but still they can start cars. I feel I can hear something not dissimilar from piston slap, pretend it's a 2 stroke

• Like 4

The choke on these goes from the cable to a crank, which then turns the butterfly’s via a coil spring. 
My butterflies often stick (usually open in my case) so you move the lever and the butterflies don’t move until I reach in and tap the spring to overcome the static friction.

Mines got a pull choke knob. Twisted it one way, then the other, tried pulling it gently, tried pulling it hard. Left unsatisfied. Probably the cable is corroded in the sheath. Will check that spring, I assume the choke is stuck off, but I have seen them messed with and stuck on due to bypassing a stuck cable, so good place to start

Also I'm hot wiring it, which was very easy

• Like 1