Hints and tips wanted on 03 Peugeot 307 trans fault

AntsCars

I know it's not oldschool but will try my luck anyway.

Anyone clued up on Peugeot's out there?

03 peugeot 307 2.0 petrol with tiptronic..

Comes up on the dash screen as a trans fault! Can drive for 10 minutes and sometimes it won't do it at all... seems to only fault when fluid is cold but when it does it will be driving mint but the suddenly it will bang itself down to 3rd and stay there, won't change to tip-tronic nor will it go into first gear only second and third in auto mode.. however can pull over and turn car off and give it 10 seconds or so and start it up again and it goes mint again all day long without fault.

Sometimes missus can drive it and it won't fault at all but that's only after I gave it a fucking good caining the other day out the back roads and it seems to be slowly improving.

I'm thinking oil service and filter change might get it sorted!? Maybe a solenoid even? 

Anyone had same issue? Or any leads?? I think it may have just been nannied around too much and just needs a good blow out but any advice is good advice so let me know what you think!?

I hate later model cars...

Thanks mate Still in the process of saving for a decent scanner so at this stage hoping to nut it out without one for now.

I will have a nosey on fast frogs later tonight thanks for that never heard of that group before and could be just the right place.