EpochNZ's A100 bits bike

EpochNZ

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks to Andy @ mBike (who was wearing one of your hats @MopedNZ) we now have a power plant.  Also grabbed an exhaust to try for size as well as creaming over his collection of Dax/Chaly/Monkeys.  Man, that yellow EFI Dax he has is soooo sweet.

Next job will be the fettling required to fit it onto the frame while the trickle of chinese parts make their way into the country.  Was slightly surprised to find the top engine mount is about 6.5mm wider than the frame so some thinking is needed there first.

signal-2021-09-26-120113_001.jpeg.950b0b5a047bab67d8e81e7db17077bd.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, GuyWithAviators said:

Good stuff! Careful use of a flap disc on a grinder will quickly make the top engine mount thinner. Have had to do that for a few bikes. Just be careful not to grind downwards and put a hole in the top of the case :thumbleft:

Cheers, I was wondering if it was a "case reduction" plan or a "bend the frame" plan.

• 1 year later...

Bit of a change of plan here....life has taken a couple of major twists and turns over the last month (some good, some not so...) and decisions had to be made about what my miniscule amounts of free time was spent doing.

In the end, I realised I was never going to get the bike done (a major theme developing here....) so it was time to.....

Send it to Jeremy @ Kaos Kustoms to fix up!  The style of bike has yet to be agreed on;  The owner and I are having "negotiations" after it was pointed out how awesome (and cheaper) it would be to retain the rusty patina, but she wants it shiny and fast.

<sigh>

IMG_1982.JPG

• Like 9

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think we can comment in here? (mod can delete if not, seems the go though).

That thing has come up MINT! Gotta be better than new now. Anyone that even mentions chequebook isn't someone worth talking to. They clearly don't understand what it's like to have no time to complete such a project. So I wouldn't let any potential haters worry you. Getting that bike back on the road and immaculate, is a million times better than it sitting in a shed getting no love. Well played, awesome bike.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Kimjon said:

Just my opinion, but its begging for a number and ideally a boarder like the tank has too, to break up this flat panel.

Screenshot_20230726_065956_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.6b600d39e9f69dde861c2ae1dbc0bc93.jpg

But your bike is super cool, sexy green paint for the win.

Yes, I was thinking the same thing.  Im picking it up Thursday, we will live with it for a bit and see what the owner decides after I put it to her.

• Like 1