Aubs 90s starlet

Aubs

Soo yet another questionable buy hahhahaha.

1996 toyota starlet

Rego on hold even

1.3 carby 5 speed manuel.

1st photo how i got it only brought 2days ago so still thinkn what dose a bogan do with this lil jem.

Actually runs drives well maby a auto x car that sorta thing 

20210807_132209.jpg

20210807_132146.jpg

20210807_132134.jpg

20210807_132123.jpg

• Like 3

12 hours ago, rusty360 said:

These little shit boxes go for ever and are so much fun to drive. Only thing I ever had go wrong was cambelt fails on the mighty 2e. So easy to change, lost of bent shit if it breaks.

Yea shes a fun little car to drive 

• 2 weeks later...

Gt starle front and rear bumpers cause why not.

Omp steering wheel. Mite look out for a cheap bucket seat of sorts. Took for a real blast on some roads in mexico. And shes a lil blast. But fat boy hea could do with some help staying in the seat hahha

aviary-image-1629071324735.jpeg

aviary-image-1629071353976.jpeg

Screenshot_20210816-120351_Gallery.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Dont worry peps still have it hahha. Little inspiration i supose. Hadnt used fora while started rite up run happy as. On the hunt for a gt starlet seat or seats. In the north isalnd. Maby other bits and bobs.

Anyone got some tips to make lil more pepy. At some point will play with the carb see can squeeze lil more go go baby outter her haha

Screenshot_20211129-130348_Google.jpg

Try to find some Cynos seats, they sit a bit lower down.

Performance wise I'd guess it has the electronic dizzy already over the points setup the early ones have, but a half decent cold air intake and exhaust can help.  There's some place in Thailand that sells exhaust headers for them from memory.  Its been so long since I've mucked with a 2e.  Other than that your best bet requires a bit of work and get something like a 4efe or 5efhe in there with EFI.  

• Thanks 1

Got some new seats in fair condition too for 50buks. Also a gt spoiler for the hatch.

Chèers for the suggestions guys. On weekend ill put them in and maby give her a service if i have money left from creat day hahha.

20211202_065504.jpg

• Like 1

Seats are in..

Oil change even looked like been awhile hahah. Cr8 day yesterday today hung over send it thru some local gravel bushy roads did well pretty happy. Mite even put the gt starlet rear hatch spoiler on today will see.

received_211502067800956.jpeg

received_254581316581206.jpeg

Screenshot_20211205-071536_Gallery.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Figerd the radiator fan wasnt do f all so wired up to a switch same with spot lights not that they do f all but whats a shit box rally car without spot lights rite hahah.

Maby will replace radiator with a bigger one at some point

Screenshot_20220109-142321_Gallery.jpg

On 11/01/2022 at 09:34, Stu said:

Youve already sorted it but FYI the radiator fan should be controlled by the factory relay and temperature switch that is on the thermostat housing. 

Yea on the trip we lernt it wasnt turing on cause it to creep in temp. Nothing bad at all just enough to make me sort something out