Holdenmans A100 Suzy

holdenman

I bought it as I wanted one of these 1970's 2-strokes for a while.

It was owned locally and ridden to a few events and when I got it wasn't running the best. I still have a few minor things to sort but it runs sweet now.

The 1st issues was  it had way too much oil in it, drained and topped back up with 650mls instead of the near 1200mls. I put a new plug and then took the carb cover off and tuned it.

I drained the tank and  found it had a fair amount of grit in it and changed the fuel valve .

I also noticed the chain was a bit tight so decided to adjust and found the back wheel was too tight so loosened it adjusted and tightened and the now the wheel spins easier.

Test ride and pulls well and isn't smoking as bad as it was and about ok but I might adjust the oiler as a little extra is better than not enough. I found that it is very high geared and today I will tape my phone to it to see what gps speed I was doing, it felt like maybe 85-90km/h on a slight uphill but the speedo goes a bit weird and may need a new cable.

I need to get the REGO adjusted to the correct model as someone has it down as a GT but both Chassis and  motor say it's an A100, I believe this happens quite a bit in our system.

A100-A50.jpg.2ea9ae9415ef6cdc0677b9e01c5e28e1.jpg

• Like 8