• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Choo choo

1691549884.jpg.fac6a231ef20616b00a8d72d23f13b4e.jpg

Pretty sure a 300,000km engine should handle a factory t25 no worries m9

Some guy in 2008 said that at least 30 wingroads had been converted to rear disks (in Japan) using the rear end of an avenir. Bluebird has rear disks, but I think passive rear steer as well, but I feel any 90s nissan bits will fit any 90s nissan. So rather than laying in the dirt at pickapart I will have a look at those

(parts diagram says no, avenir is same set up as wingroad, will check the one at the wreckers is disk rear and if so see what i can get off it)

• Like 9

• 3 weeks later...

Did a +t on a u12 sr20 with u13 turbo parts a long time ago.

Turbo, manifold, injectors, ecu, loom, intercooler. 

That's it.

I diverted the coolant hoses off the throttle body to the turbo, tee'd the oil pressure sensor for the oil feed, and there is a boss in the block where the oil drain can be drilled.

Get a friend to gold the duster gun on the rocker cover breather to pressurise the crankcase a bit and drill away. The air will keep the swarf out. Tap it out for a 1/2 brass fitting. 

Will take 10psi easy

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Yup that's exactly my plan, the haltech even came with an electronic boost controller for reliability and fuel economy

Oh I will probably do a turbo suitable exhaust too, bluebird doesn't appear to have a cat, because NZDM maybe, so Clint will cert that no worries 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, tortron said:

Oh I will probably do a turbo suitable exhaust too, bluebird doesn't appear to have a cat, because NZDM maybe, so Clint will cert that no worries 

I just cut the turbo down pipe under the motor and migged the stock exhaust to it for max stealth/cbf 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

IMG_20220524_154221_edit_177513263370308.thumb.jpg.2bf7a6324299bb5e8e0666a34223b4e0.jpg

OK 1 problem

Axles refused to budge even a little from the trans. Cut the boot on the lhs and separated it, left drivers side in. LhS needed attention anyways so no big loss. 

Pretty much all out now, gona drain the 1/3rd tank of gas obviously,  and take the rest of the exhaust

• Like 8