KDX200SR of green

kicker

Steel tank is one of the obvious differences plus the oil injection gear (if there is an oil tank accessed from under seat.

You can always grab the engine number, if it's DX200G***** then it's the road one (DX200E***** would be offroad)
I'll try to find the model recognition pdf's

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A few things have been happening lately with the KDX. Since I had it sitting in a drawer I fitted an O2 sensor and wideband gauge to see if it will help with tuning my new carb. Manufacturer advice is to locate the sensor on the upper half of the belly of the chamber and to expect a shorter life span. I had a few bungs so put one where it was convenient at the end of the belly.

uIBWgkV.jpg

b9vMO20.jpg

I hooked it up to the battery pack under the seat, hose clamped the gauge to the bars,  calibrated it then fired it up.

Rv6Z5h8.jpg

Seems to be doing something and doing it consistently. Current carb needs jetting to suit my exhaust changes but I won't bother with that one yet.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Clean sheet wof, as it should since it was only complied 6 months ago.

PbJRf1V.jpg

I have swapped back to the OG smaller carb for now, I hadn't made much progress with tuning the bigger carb so it was a bit gutless in comparison. I tried a few combos from the KDX jetting database (155ish main, 42 pilot) but it was flat up in the revs.  A previous owner had removed the carb bowl overflow tube so I'll sort that first then try again nearer the end of summer.

The wideband wasn't much help for anything other than idle, expansion chamber magic would have it reading all over the place, don't know if a different spot would give a better reading, some of the 2t snowmobile crowd have them working fine but I can't be bothered trying any further :)

w8BApnr.jpg

• Like 8

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...