Eastcapescapade 2021 November 12th, 13th, 14th

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys. 

I made a video of me hooning the FX125 and gave it a clickbait title. 

Actually quite cool looking into the history of the road. Managed to find the ‘95 stage maps and the Motu was divided into 2 x 20KM ish stages. 

McRae won there a couple of times. And Ken Block even has 5 minutes of an NZ vlog  dedicated to the time he drove to the Motu in a Ford ranger - went half way over and then back again. 

Anyway. Inspired me to dig this out and throw it up because I never really used much of this footage.   

Less than 2 months to go!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MopedNZ said:

Hey guys. 

Actually quite cool looking into the history of the road. Managed to find the ‘95 stage maps and the Motu was divided into 2 x 20KM ish stages. 

McRae won there a couple of times. And Ken Block even has 5 minutes of an NZ vlog  dedicated to the time he drove to the Motu in a Ford ranger - went half way over and then back again. 

Anyway. Inspired me to dig this out and throw it up because I never really used much of this footage.   

Great grandad built the motu road by hand. Pick and shovel and a wheel barrow. Set up camp with wife and kids, work till the camp was a way a ways, then pack it up and move up the road. Bullock cart once a month for supplies sort of deal

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 22/09/2021 at 21:41, MopedNZ said:

Hey guys. 

I'm not sure if I should say thanks for letting me relive the memories, or fuck you, cos now I got fomo for this years ride?

Whynotboth.jpeg 

• Like 2

On 25/08/2021 at 10:30, anglia4 said:

GT9.jpg.ccf55a9fa5ffaceae3344630146422ba.jpg

That may hamper my efforts to have it running again until I can buy parts. But at least I can press on with the re-wire.

I had this exact problem on an AG100 and the timing went 180 degrees out haha.

easy fix though most engineering places have those woodruff keys in varying sizes 

1 hour ago, datlow said:

@iwanttobeamole cb125t? 

yep. T2 to be exact. Apparently there's a shitty one and a less shitty one. This is the latter. 

1 hour ago, TimShadboltfan27 said:

Looking good murray ! be keen to go for a local pest some time to shake down the rigs 

yeah keen. Maybe a labour weekend something?  Was thinking about heading southwards.. maybe catch up with @Truenotch if he's still single. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Chunky_t said:

Tis a sad day, just saw some blokes post on fb that the ol tini tavern is no longer trading, no half ass burgers and lion browns by the 710ml bottle for lunch this year. RIP 

Yeah that's a bit balls. It's not on this year's route, but a loss for sure. I don't think Ruatoria has any similar establishments open either for day 2. And there's not much on day one except Motu cafe and Matawai grease shack. 

• Sad 1