Eastcapescapade 2021 November 12th, 13th, 14th

On 13/07/2021 at 21:38, johnnyfive said:

How is everyone getting on for accommodation?

Emailed Bill about a room for Saturday night, had an email convo about room then # of people using room then yes its available would you like to confirm the booking

"Yes"

Silence, that was Tuesday

No confirmation of booking

Meh?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pining for this. 

Bike has changed from FX powered to 140 powered due to weight and space issues. 

Big fat rear tyre I liked has had to be a bit smaller. About to cut a headstock from one bike and weld it to mine. Life is good. 101 days to go.

• Sad 2

It is with great sadness that I am withdrawing from this event for 2021 due to having impregnated my partner at a very unfortunate time in my life. A time which coincides with this event being a little to close to Sarah's due date. I would postpone the birth if I could. In fact, I might name my child after this event. 'Eastcapescapade Wendt'. Not sure if Sarah would be keen though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3

• 2 weeks later...

I built a table for working on the GT. 

Its so good, I don't know why I've  never done it before.

GT8.jpg.8ce8e06b3d456692d4633ec4a3859c22.jpg

I've been re-wiring it to suit some new LED lights, and an electronic ignition set up from a later model TF125.

Last time I went to ride it, it was running like an absolute dog, and I was pretty certain I hadn't lined up the stator on its proper marks. Turns out this was the issue...

GT9.jpg.ccf55a9fa5ffaceae3344630146422ba.jpg

That may hamper my efforts to have it running again until I can buy parts. But at least I can press on with the re-wire.

• Like 2