Eastcapescapade 2021 November 12th, 13th, 14th

12 minutes ago, MopedNZ said:

BACK IN MY DAY the whole point was being ridiculously under prepared whilst riding unsuited bikes. 

We're just a bunch of people who happen to be riding bikes in a similar area on the same weekend. Our scooters are just a bit taller than yours :wink:

• Like 3

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, tortron said:

But genuinely

as i said before i was thinking of taking my dr200 if its not considered outside of the spirit of the event

1980s farmbike is probably ok

otherwise i got some other shitbikes

Might aswell mate. The scrooges are all bringing 250's actually designed to go off road. Might have to send them off ahead of everyone. 2 groups. I imagine the second the open road beckons the fellas that can go faster than 85 tapped will be gooooone anyway.

Let’s be honest the group splits into multiple packs anyway. We are only riding 250s, there has been 250s before.

The main reason we are doing it is because we wanted to make a big trip of it clocking up 1000km+ on the way there and back. I’ve done cape every year on a different small (sub 140) bike every time. The only bikes in my stable suitable for it now are the trombone, which isn’t suitable as it falls to bits on gravel (Mitch can attest to this on our last gravel Hawke’s bay ride) and the next smallest is the xr250. We are all going self sufficient and camping so will be lugging a shit load more gear than everyone else, so it won’t be a dramatic difference. My XR is only happy at 90kmh on the open road anyway. 

tl;dr, quit ya girly whinging 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I’ll be on Adv50 again.

It’s packed in the Corolla to go to Tauranga tonight.

A4E7E001-3263-452A-B053-1279B115B88A.thumb.jpeg.ad74b066daa0001e28d73a10f2ee5ef5.jpeg

Ride what you want, but just please be observant if you’re on a bigger bike after you do a water crossing and please don’t run over the guy on a small bike who’s just trying to park on the side of the road.

thanks

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Shakotom said:

I’ll be on Adv50 again.

It’s packed in the Corolla to go to Tauranga tonight.

A4E7E001-3263-452A-B053-1279B115B88A.thumb.jpeg.ad74b066daa0001e28d73a10f2ee5ef5.jpeg

Ride what you want, but just please be observant if you’re on a bigger bike after you do a water crossing and please don’t run over the guy on a small bike who’s just trying to park on the side of the road.

thanks

would you like a garlic care package while you're in town?

Sorry spam

1 hour ago, BLIZZO said:

Let’s be honest the group splits into multiple packs anyway. We are only riding 250s, there has been 250s before.

The main reason we are doing it is because we wanted to make a big trip of it clocking up 1000km+ on the way there and back. I’ve done cape every year on a different small (sub 140) bike every time. The only bikes in my stable suitable for it now are the trombone, which isn’t suitable as it falls to bits on gravel (Mitch can attest to this on our last gravel Hawke’s bay ride) and the next smallest is the xr250. We are all going self sufficient and camping so will be lugging a shit load more gear than everyone else, so it won’t be a dramatic difference. My XR is only happy at 90kmh on the open road anyway. 

tl;dr, quit ya girly whinging 

Yeah hard ride ya sub 140cc fully self sufficient inc magnum dong bags and a flashlight then ya can cry at boys trying to make an extra adventure

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, MopedNZ said:

Think thats the first ever time I got ya to bite blizzo. Can't wait to tickle your nut sacks mate. <3

Will stop spamming now. 

I usually just nibble, preferably earlobes. 

I’ll get the sack trimmed especially for you xox 

• Thanks 1

I get its just 'banter', but to be clear, ride what you like, the attitude you bring is more important. Obviously though the bikes with a bit more poke might have to show some respect and restraint, not to keep passing everyone incessantly and roosting the shit out of the slower ones. I have no concern about any of you in this regard, anyway, its a public road, anyone can ride it, you're all adults, I'm just out for a ride. 

Other topic of note, before we get too many pages ahead is the drinking thing.
Obviously many of the attendees are likely to enjoy their favourite refreshment. I had heard reports of perhaps a few people overdoing it, and while I don't doubt this, I don't remember actively seeing signs of excess myself. I'm a terrible judge of inebriation, and my jobs not law enforcement, I'm just out for a ride.

Sticking out near the front of the pack predominantly, I'm only seeing most riders while parked up collectively, and many are indulging in refreshments to their taste. There's no way I can keep a tally on who has had how many units, (bikes and support vehicles for that matter).

If its something people are legitimately concerned about, the only thing I could practically do is say no booze or similar, while that would be fine with me, I imagine it would upset many others. Who am I to specify that? I'm just out for a ride. 

Don't misinterpret this as an endorsement for impaired driving, but on these roads, I don't consider inebriated riders the biggest danger to me, my biggest concerns are my own riding, and oncoming vehicles. Again, not an endorsement for impaired driving, but (the only?) two instances of bike on bike violence I can think of were from sober people.

This is a complete cop out, I know, I will alter the entry form to state that this isn't a piss trip, but I'm not particularly interested in being the one to have to draw that line or enforce anything. I'm just a guy on a shitty bike out for a ride.  

Slight side note, although its publicly accessible, I gather these guys aren't OS regulars, I figure someone must like them enough to keep telling them about it each year? OS tends to weed out irritants one way or another.

I'm not trying to convince anyone one way or another, trying to share my viewpoint at least though. There may not be anymore to add to this one, but feel free, its more constructive than most of the spam LOL.

Something that does need sorting out is a sticker I guess, where you creative peeps at?

• Like 7

On 02/07/2021 at 12:57, MopedNZ said:

Sounds like a YOU problem their cheeeeeeif. Could always build a non large CC non scooter. 

Reveal hidden contents

inb4 ride a fa50 to nats. Nats is dead anyway. And that was 4 years ago michael let it go. 

A drz250 sounds like exactly what you describe there jim