Eastcapescapade 2021 November 12th, 13th, 14th

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

48 minutes ago, johnnyfive said:

I intend to roll the real deal 50cc third time in a row. Blardy fellas on anything bigger are just overcompensating. Might have been the only 50 lately?

I rode to my first ever oldschool meet on an RMX50, from Nelson to Kaikoura. I miss that bike! @anglia4 and @governorsam were there too. I'm pretty sure I averaged 10L/100km for the return trip... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

That was a great bike, I have been regularly keeping an eye out for another one. My dad still doesn't believe me that such a thing exists (he has 2 RMX250's).

I remember mildly boozed land speed record attempts on it, where top speed was limited by bravery through the kink in the driveway.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, anglia4 said:

That was a great bike, I have been regularly keeping an eye out for another one. My dad still doesn't believe me that such a thing exists (he has 2 RMX250's).

I remember mildly boozed land speed record attempts on it, where top speed was limited by bravery through the kink in the driveway.

6 gears of water cooled fury... 

P1050009.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I do like that PGs have become the unofficial refreshment of choice for this ride

They may be gross but they have everything you need for small bike endurance riding

A bit of guarana for focus some sugar for energy and booze to enhance riding ability.

But yes those riders take it to the extreme. We came across one of them who was confused why his bike was broken but had consumed enough codys to not realise he just needed pertol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MopedNZ said:

Time for debbie downer to pipe up. 

Just a request if we can put the word out about not sinking piss like it's going out of fashion to a point where you're slurring words and riding like more of a piece of shit than we already do. 

A few warm brion lowns/PG's throughout the day isn't what I'm talking about. But there was a certain crew that by the end of the first day - if they came near me in the pack I'd slow right down and let them pass or get way in front of them. They also came to my Raglan ride last year. I only realised how much they were drinking at the end of the day when one fella could barely string a sentence together - then proceeded to load his bike up and drive home. I've done the occasional 'jokingly mention you've had too much to drink' to these fellas but it just gets brushed off. 

I've spoken with a few people about the issue and it's not the OS crew that's doing this. But because we're all quite jovial and most of us are mates it's something that isn't really bought up as we're all pretty aware of this stuff already. I feel like it should be mentioned as a proper point - possibly added to the entry from? Coming from the organiser it carries more weight. Feel free to tell me to fuck off. But if I was knocked off by someone because they were pissed as a chook, fucking off would be the least I'd do to the culprit. 

Not trying to start a 3 page yarn about it. But just felt it needed to be mentioned. 

Thanks mate. I’m all for some shit beers thru the day, but when you’re riding 6+ hours with minimal food and water, in the hot sun your ‘normal’ Saturday’s drinking can affect you a lot. And at the end of the day we are still on public roads. Not on form to be pissed and driving thru town, so why is it different in the country. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The first year this became an issue(two rides back maybe), one came with a massive box on the back of his CT with something like 48 big sized cans of beer - they were all gone before we reached that days venue. 

Last year the Gyro was the booze wagon which was just as bad. 

Not sure if anyone remembers the start of last years ride, us all waiting to ride off from J5’s but one of that crew was skulling cans of something and wasn’t ready yet so we waited a few minutes more - all before 9am in the morning. 

When you’re buying cup holders for your bike to hold the beer cans and have flip face helmets specifically so it’s easier to drink and ride there is a problem. 

• Like 3