Eastcapescapade 2021 November 12th, 13th, 14th

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, Truenotch said:

Who's going to join the 250 gang? We'll be starting from Palmy on XRs and DRZs and heading up to Whak via Napier and Waikaremoana. 

Here's my whip for this year: 

XR250R.jpeg.a7048f502156e6632bcbb727640ec26f.jpeg

@Chunky_tmentioned this... I meet the pre-requisites (other than riding ability). Maybe I just commit...what day do you reckon you'll leave from Palmy? There is a part of me that would love to ride from Nelson and ignore the dirty looks when I request unpaid leave... 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

You and @Chunky_tshould certainly ride from the top of the south. Wellington to Palmy isn't a long trip. 

We'll probably leave a day or two before the ride kicks off. We can either have a BIG day 1: Palmy-Napier-Waikaremoana-Whakatane or stay in Waikaremoana and cruise into Whakatane the next day. 

For the return trip we might split early, boost the coast road and head south, but we haven't decided yet.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Willdat? said:

@Truenotch this is enough notice to start the grovelling. I need to do some sums - East of Masterton is basically uncharted terrain so the pine is real.

that would be a bloody good mish for you guys from nelson/marlborough! few spicy roads between there and palmy to make the trip a bit more interesting/off the highway. PPSC will start planning the route north shortly. 

Would highly recommend camping for anyone looking to spice up their trip. Camping at the gizzy holiday park is pretty rad popping open your tent to crashing waves and a sweet view. Can imagine up the coast gets even cooler

• Like 2