DIY Flowbench project

Roman

Unfortunately not, as I'm moving house and so I'll not have any space for something like this for quite a while. 

After I've built another shed and have the Carina running I'll get back to this.

• Like 1

@Roman i bought the plans for the PTS bench. Then looked up the price of importing all the gear, exchange rate is murder. 

Current stockpile list is

3x ali ex motor controllers

6x vac motors

2 access ports

Few little bits and pieces.

And today finally got around to finishing the pressure/vacuum pickups.

20240121_154356_001.thumb.jpg.8dd2feb9cc511992de2cf3aecddef492.jpg

Prototype on left to see if i could do it. Thread too shallow and i snapped a drill bit in the end....amateur

• Thanks 1

Unintentional semi threadjack.

My goal is to reach 400cfm at 28 inch test. Most of what i plan on using it for will be under 250cfm so it should would out ok. I have a couple of alloy heads for my falcon of different styles i want to play with, and i have access to a few ca18 and mx5 heads.

Once it is up and running i want to write a logbook of stock head flow levels of pretty much any head i can get my hands on. 

I will also send a calibration plate to various places to get their readings with. Without knowing if there are discrepancies (there always are, like dynos), it is impossible to know how any headwork would compare to someone elses.