oldrx7's 1985 Mazda Cosmo

kyteler

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers mate! Feels like it's taken forever to get to this point, yet it's only been a few months since January.

First time doing this, so will see how much of headache compliance is, but yeh, fingers crossed it's only a few things.

• Like 1

On 16/06/2021 at 15:25, kyteler said:

Can't be any worse than trying to buy a rotary from a Kiwi "rota" guy who is vague with details and reluctant to let anyone view... 

Fresh rebuild g, no expense spared 

Only I lost the receipts and forgot who did it 

• Like 3

Yeh did see that - will be using sktchy pplates though, had them a long time now and being a fresh import there'll be no 'attachment' to a black plate.  The car should be in my shed mid july so will update then with a few more pics

• Like 2

On 19/06/2021 at 20:00, Dell'orto said:

Ooosh, looks heaps like my old one from back in the day, though mine was 12AT and manual. Super plush car for a mid 80s sedan!

Nice - any pics?  

Manual + 12aT would have been ideal but they're a bit pricier.  

• 3 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, gibbon said:

so what was the final dollar shipping amount to get it to your door? if you dont mind me asking. I often think about importing a car but it seems to be hidden cost hell

Don’t mind at all.

Through auto hub shipping was $1550 - although as of July 1st there’s an increase they’ve said, I got in just before.

But you also pay auto hub the GST bill too, so that’s 15% of the car purchase price.  

All things to factor in into buying something, just like the broker fee and paper work fees.  This equaled roughly $1800

• Like 1