Baldies XC Falcon discussion

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet! Looks like a tidy one. XCs in particular seemed to be bad for rust, I heard a barry yarn decades ago about there being a worldwide bad run of steel about that era which seems to line up with all the cars of that time being more susceptible to tin worm

Pretty cool that you've kept it so long. 

Cheers Cletus, have threatened to sell it plenty of times, but have alot of memories attached to it, and my eldest would disown me if i sold it.

Rear quarters are the worst and the base of the passengers b pillar is ugly as sin now too. 

Was very tidy until it got kicked out of the shed, now it really needs a respray all over. Still don't know if i will get a new vinyl roof or not.

Yeah nah. Once these old tractors start getting half decent cams and compression in them 600s are average sized. Plenty of the aussies are using 600s and 650s with no issue. The ideal size for what i have would be a 570 avenger but i got the 600 for a box so cheapness wins.

• Like 2

My 351c a an 850 edelbrock on it when I got it, mild 226/236 cam.. all literature said it's too big but it went good.. ( 180km out of a 65 liter tank wasn't so good) ended up putting a 650 mighty demon on it as the 850 ran out of puff at about 6k.. (?) 

• Like 1