Holdenman's Back to the future A50 Suzy

holdenman

I have wound myself back to when I was 15 years old when I bought a brand new 1974 A50 for my first vehicle.

I decided as I have some spare time and like tinkering on bits, to buy a 2 stroke, I have been looking for a while for just an engine and this came up so decided to take a chance, It came in a couple a boxes and I have been putting it together to see if it all works before I decide to either restore or just leave the patina look.

I sort of like the patina look but I also like the old restored to factory bikes. but I guess 1st thing first and get it running.

Things I need are gear lever, headlight mount, either new ignition or a key cut if they do that these days but figured a couple of switches will do until then?

I figure I will make a headlight mount and use the indicators i got when I picked up a couple of mopeds.

123.JPG.b2f4a3bf92808ff8808a21e483ec59f4.JPGa50-small.JPG.1500081d4ac79525fb06a2f08384059f.JPG2021-05-21-assembled-a50-small.jpg.306c9b2c379abdb2728f62e3e46471bf.jpg

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...