Gauges stopped working

cubastreet

My newschool 05 astra gauges all stopped working a week before wof day. The next day they started working again but a couple of days later they stopped and haven't worked for a week.

I tried disconnecting the battery and I pulled the gauges and plugged and unplugged then as few times but they're still not working. The tacho motor just quivers whenever it has power.

I'm thinking I'll head to pick a part and get another cluster. Can I just swap them or will the ecu fight me?

Anything else I should try?

What's the battery like? Lots of modern stuff gets the whole random Christmas tree of dash warnings/everything goes dead intermittently when the battery is on the way out. 

Also, likely the immo is part of the cluster and would need recoding.

• Like 1

On 21/05/2021 at 14:44, johnnyfive said:

TS or AH Astra? Could have been either at that point, although I don't have any specific advice other than getting familiar with the service info if you can find it, and getting creative to try not overspend on it...

I dunno, the one with no soul. I just googled and it's a TS.

Thanks all, I stuck the charger on it and the and the gauges now work. Charging at 14.1V but if the battery voltage is low on startup, the gauges stay off.

I really need to get the brumby back on the road. Is your one still alive J5 or disassembled?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1