RE201's 1980 Toyota Crown

re201

It definitely wasn't a Honda alternator, I can't remember what it was from, pretty sure Cressida or Corolla from my stash, but the alternator itself worked mint. The problem we had was the pulley, it was supposed to run dual V belts but we boogied up a single Lucas pulley coz it's all we had and it suffered constant belt slip and totally sucked. I had thought Keegan had solved it but I guess not.

Unless of course he replaced the alternator again later, in which case never mind.

15 hours ago, nzstato said:

For all your 1UZ needs...

https://www.youtube.com/user/CartuneNZ

Been watching a tonne of Kelvin's stuff over the last few months.

14 hours ago, Yowzer said:

It definitely wasn't a Honda alternator, I can't remember what it was from, pretty sure Cressida or Corolla from my stash, but the alternator itself worked mint. The problem we had was the pulley, it was supposed to run dual V belts but we boogied up a single Lucas pulley coz it's all we had and it suffered constant belt slip and totally sucked. I had thought Keegan had solved it but I guess not.

Unless of course he replaced the alternator again later, in which case never mind.

I can't remember the details exactly, but I do remember Keegan saying the alternator had been pulled out a of a Cressida. It had a good voltage reading across it at idle but it wasn't cooling and couldn't output under load. I did a lot of dicking around with belts back when I got it before coming to the conclusion that it wasn't belt slip. It died about 3 times on the drive up from Te Awamutu on the day I got it. I wound up driving back to Auckland and borrowing the biggest battery I could find to get it home.

Edit:  Found your original thread here. 

It seems to have a handful of electrical gremlins which I'm hoping to straighten out with the 1UZ install.

• 1 year later...