Mr Sierra and his mighty rs500 replica build

yoeddynz

Looking sharp! Love the DJR red. Here's a couple of shots from last year when I snapped DJR6.

50915934636_da706d765e_h.jpgFord Sierra Cosworth RS500 DJR6 by Richard Opie, on Flickr

50988693822_d038e46420_h.jpgFord Sierra Cosworth RS500 DJR6-421-Edit by Richard Opie, on Flickr

50987880148_779c13f3a3_h.jpgFord Sierra Cosworth RS500 DJR6-490-Edit by Richard Opie, on Flickr

It might be a blasphemous suggestion, I dunno.... but I reckon since it's not a real RS, swapping in something like a Honda K-series with some added boost would be a hilariously fun conversion!

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Snoozin said:

Looking sharp! Love the DJR red. Here's a couple of shots from last year when I snapped DJR6.

50915934636_da706d765e_h.jpgFord Sierra Cosworth RS500 DJR6 by Richard Opie, on Flickr

50988693822_d038e46420_h.jpgFord Sierra Cosworth RS500 DJR6-421-Edit by Richard Opie, on Flickr

50987880148_779c13f3a3_h.jpgFord Sierra Cosworth RS500 DJR6-490-Edit by Richard Opie, on Flickr

It might be a blasphemous suggestion, I dunno.... but I reckon since it's not a real RS, swapping in something like a Honda K-series with some added boost would be a hilariously fun conversion!

When I think of 80's bathurst, this is what comes to mind.. 

• Like 3

Most race cars move about to various other continents to compete in other series whilst they're still competitive then they'll eventually be kept by some foamer when they're in need of a bit too much work than the then owner can afford. 

10 hours ago, Positive Ape said:

Why did the aussies let that race car get away? I would have thought it would be worth more over there cos of the Brock connection

It came to NZ before it made its way to the UK. Was campaigned as an endurance car down South, at that stage it was less about "letting it get away," and more about it just being an obsolete old race car.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

your probably going to struggle to find those bits off glass second hand,you could try pilkington glass for classic cars in the uk,if they cant do it from stock they can make it,but its an expensive process i am guessing there is a slight curve to the glass?

Have you tried the cosworth speacilists up north,lodge auto centre?

or south africa wreckers may have something it was a popular model there but possibly more in the 4x4 guise with different rear side windows

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...