ShadboltFan's 1992 Toyota Liteace Camper of Skylights and 3Y Lushness

Shit yeh good stuff. Advice for the bed, get something hard to lay on top of it under the mattress, like 2 sheets of MDF or something so your little white boi hips don't get reamed by the planks through the mattress.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You'll never cry with a 3Y.

Random fact, there is some significant ECU difference between these and the Hilux version. Base timing is 12 deg for this and like 8 deg on Hilux, setting timing to 12 just results in mega pinging

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3Y/Townace barrying inbound..

Have you given it the ol E1 TE1 treatment yet? 

https://www.troublecodes.net/toyota/?amp

Id say its got a chooched O2 and or water temp sensor so the ECU is just dumping fuel in as a failsafe.

And yeah they do like a bit more advance on timing, if its got EGR block it off plus gutting the cat will make it a happier less thirsty slug

Theres a commercial spec townace with bigger front brakes which is a bolt on job from memory, the swaybars from a 4wd townace are the same shape but a couple of mm bigger

I had this pesty piece 10 years ago

image.png.673b8bc91647f865e1a256ca0c6f768c.png

• Like 1

I was pleasantly surprised by how little fuel our Hilux uses. With bullbar and farmer tray on it it still manages just under 9 L/100 km on open road and about 10.5-11 with around town driving (5 speed column shift, aircon and power steering). Surely the van isn't too much worse than that?

11 minutes ago, ajg193 said:

I was pleasantly surprised by how little fuel our Hilux uses. With bullbar and farmer tray on it it still manages just under 9 L/100 km on open road and about 10.5-11 with around town driving (5 speed column shift, aircon and power steering). Surely the van isn't too much worse than that?

Haven’t done full roman MS paint graph extrapolation but 750 kms used 1 and a half tanks and I think it’s a 60L..

so about 12L/100km overall? A lot of traffic wombling in tga/mount.

It’s bigger than lux and full of camp shit so greater consumption to be expected