azzurro's 1960ish FIAT 1100T

tortron

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, azzurro said:

Tbh, It wasnt discussed, but as the ends will need to be more or less hand made, im assuming not cheap, but probably still a bargain!

I think if the ends were 'standard' off the shelf items it would be much cheaper. They have a bit of a catalogue of ends on their site.

Ill let you know tho.

Cheers man, much appreciated

5 hours ago, kws said:

They are definitely not cheap, but their work is second to none, imo. If you want it done once, and done right, you'll pay the premium.

In my case, comparing cables from two reputable manufacturers, the premium would only get me a metric thread hence asking.

• Like 1

No guarantee that an off the shelf product would work even if you could find one.

At least with Cable Barry you know that if anything needs a tweak he will be only to happy to sort it out. Might chat to them about my clutch cable. I’ll say the Fiat Pest sent me.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Buying a cheap cable from ali x stress and it crapping out after a year = meh

Buying a pricy cable from Barry, that works perfectly for the rest of your life plus you got Barry sharns and have a new friend = priceless. 

• Like 7